17 replies to this topic

#16 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

I do not think , Britain is as conservative as the USA. Its government will certainly do imposed Christian vales  as less tan 15% go to church. It has strong Trade Unions who will oppose lower taxation and rescinding benefits to the poor.

The main parties are close in the polls and Labour can win next election.

The Independent party which  supported  Brext has lost its leader.

#17 jackdiddley

jackdiddley

World News/Sports moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:20 AM

There are cases if what you describe Helice, apart from the tax thing, although it is mostly only the far right that behave like that. It doesn't appear to be widespread.

We were warned that Brexit would be a disaster, but we haven't seen it yet. As you say, though, it hasn't started yet. Sterling keeps taking a pounding in the currency exchanges, but then recovers. The FTSE 100 share index hit a high point last week when May made her announcement.

Personally, I'mean starting to think the end result will be somewhere in the middle - not as good as people.hopes but not as bad as we feared

#18 minesadorada

minesadorada

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:53 AM

Living in Europe I have a personal interest in Brexit, as I have funds held in Sterling.   The British pound has been in steady decline against the Euro, with a sharp fall triggered by talk of a 'hard Brexit'.  I forecast it won't be long before the Pound and Euro are at parity; and money talks.

When I say 'money talks' I mean that the UK's decision to leave the E.U. has been judged by folk who have an economic interest rather than an idealistic one.

Any country that rejects immigration in the 21st century is doomed to failure IMO.  The UK, like most First World countries has an aging native population that has to be supported by a young working population.  The ratio is getting worse for those countries like the UK, USA and especially Japan.

I see Brexit as a retrograde policy.

Reply to this topic

Copyright © 2017 Fool Moon LLC