2 Degrees, $100 Billion: The World Climate Agreement, By The Numbers

3 replies to this topic

#1 Helice

Helice

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,437 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

The historic agreement calls for "deep reductions in global emissions." But how deep will those reductions be — and how soon, and who's paying for it?

View the full article

#2 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

Helice I read the article. It is true there is no binding agreedment. But most nations have said they want to reduce pollution and stop global warming. Now at least the whole world has this hope.

Conservative leaders might be relunctant to implement some of these aims.Our Australian conservative government has very modest reductions. They want to keep the coal mines going .As does India who want to use power to rise people out of poverty, Even in the USA some politians do not want t get rid of fosil fuels.

But the price of non fosil sourecs of power wil go down and can be stored with batteries.

The momentum is witth non fosil sources of power.

#3 mmoghand

mmoghand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

First step in 1,000 mile march.... more like 25,000 miles.

I'm amused by the right wingers whining about enforcement. Climate destruction threatens to melt the polar ice caps, but all they can think of is punishing the poor countries.

#4 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

I think this is aso amusing. Do climate denyers really think there is no global wrming. Or it will not effect them. It is a long journey but at east Paris is a start.

Reply to this topic

Copyright © 2017 Fool Moon LLC