Richard III Reburied

4 replies to this topic

#1 jackdiddley

jackdiddley

World News/Sports moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

On 22nd August 1485, the Battle of Bosworth Field was fought. It was the final major battle of the War of the Roses and shaped the future of England. King Rchard III, the last of the Plantagent kings, was killed in battle. He was the last English king to die in battle, and his death brought and end to the Medieval period of English history and signalled the beginning of the Tusor period.

Richard was buried hastily at the time. He remained buried for 427 years, and his resting place was lost. Then, in 2012, during an archeological dig in a car park in the city of Leicester, his remains were found.

Today, 3 years later, and 430 years after his death, his remains have been passed into the care of Leicester Cathedral, where he will be reburied in Thursday. His casket was taken through the city on a gun carriage. The streets were lined with hundreds of people.

Today is very strange. The past and modern days are meeting. Despite the time that has passed, it remains that this man was once the king. the moment has been very solemn, and even quite moving.

King Richard III, 1452 - 1485.

#2 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

It is normal to label your defeated enemy as a villain. This is what the Tudors did to Richard 3. It takes a long time but usually  the winning side forgives. Napoleon  ashes were move to Paris To Les Invslides. King Charles 1, and Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary and even Cromwell are buried in Westminster   Abbey.

I wonder if Hitler remains are ever found will he be bury someday..

#3 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

I have done some research. It appears Hiller body was burnt several times and his ashes thrown in a river. It might still be possible to retrieve the ashes but I do not think anyone would want to at the moment. Hitler's parents grave has been moved as some Nazi supporters were visiting it. There are also some graves of German leaders in Munich. Those who were not war criminals had head stones.

So it is possible to rebury a German hero. But I doubt it will take place this century.

#4 mmoghand

mmoghand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

King Power !!

1516-kit-640-v2280-2464915_478x359.jpeg

Back from the grave.

100lcfc-t-shirt-vardy-party-look-samll.j

#5 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:12 PM

I understand that Richard 111 was re burried in Lester. So perhaps this was an omen of the football team rebirth.

Reply to this topic

Copyright © 2017 Fool Moon LLC