732 replies to this topic

#76 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think we are confusing gay  rights with others rights.. Of course homosexuals have the legal right to live together. Therefore that should be no civildidcrimination on them. But homosexuals want more that civil union with the same civil rights as others. They want to call their union marriage. This is the name of a sacrament. Only the Church can authorize it. Do gays want to be married in a church. Surely the church has some say in this.

If a civil marriage is allow does the church have to recognise this as fulfilling the requirements of the sacrament. For example should we allow homosexuals to marriage again without divorce.  For A catholic they were never married so they are free to re married  a person of the opposite sex even in church. Yet we would have to obey the civil law and ensure a divorce first . This is interfering with church rules on marriage.

Also do we have to provide our churches for gay marriages. These are still the most fashionable  places to get married. Gays would want to marry in a Cathedral or fashionable church. Must we be force to allow this?

Also on custody of children. Should we allow gays to adopt. Must the church recognise such adoptions, and educate their  children.?

Given rights to one group can take away rights from others. An example of this is the abortion laws in Victoria. A doctor is required to suggest a name of  a doctor prepared to give an abortion. A catholic doctor has to act against his conscience to do this. We are trying to change the law but  at the moment this is a denial of a religious right to satisfy some one else rights.

#77 Cy_Click

Cy_Click

Honored Member

• Members
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Actually such nasty acts are from perverse men, and that is why God had to deal with them. The Bible covers everything, if you hadn't noticed. God wants people to realize that they are nothing without Him, and subject to much depravity. But with Him, we can live righteously and with victory in every area. There is no glory in depravity.

Yes, the Bible is the cover for the nasty, bigoted feelings many people have. It must seem a Godsend to them to have such a book to give their deviant behavior a bit of palatability.

#78 Cy_Click

Cy_Click

Honored Member

• Members
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

This is the name of a sacrament. Only the Church can authorize it.

How's that? Can Atheists get married or must they have ungodly unions?

#79 Cy_Click

Cy_Click

Honored Member

• Members
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Also on custody of children. Should we allow gays to adopt. Must the church recognise such adoptions, and educate their  children.?

Are children of gays evil?

#80 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

CyClick ,Atheists can received the sacrament of marriage. This sacrament is completed by intercourse within marriage. It does not matter where the  wedding took place. 

#81 Docinbird

Docinbird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Marriage is a legal matter.  It requires an application granted by government.  The ceremony is performed by someone granted permission by the government.  The IRS and state tax agencies then get involved.  Insurance companies get involved.  Hospitals and other institutions are involved in the definition and rights granted by marriage.

Are you confusing marriage with "holy matrimony"?  They are not the same thing.

Then there is the matter of the 8 different forms of "marriage" condoned in the Bible.  By the number of mentions, it seems that polygamy was the most common.

#82 Quantril

Quantril

racist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Then how do you explain multiple divorces and marriages, some people marry three, four, five times. And how do you explain King David's many wives and King Solomon's many more wives?

And why haven't you responded to Helice's question about Qunatril's use of the N word and other derogatory terms as opposed to your virulent objection to my use of the word bs? And why haven't you responded to my request for scriptural citation for some of your assertions? Whenever you find a question too difficult or too embarrassing to answer, you claim you haven't read the post. All the posts are right here. You reply to every single damn post everyone writes except when they ask diffcult questions, and then you lie and claim you haven't read the post. God must be glowing with pride over you.

Then how do you explain multiple divorces and marriages, some people marry three, four, five times. And how do you explain King David's many wives and King Solomon's many more wives?

And why haven't you responded to Helice's question about Qunatril's use of the N word and other derogatory terms as opposed to your virulent objection to my use of the word bs? And why haven't you responded to my request for scriptural citation for some of your assertions? Whenever you find a question too difficult or too embarrassing to answer, you claim you haven't read the post. All the posts are right here. You reply to every single damn post everyone writes except when they ask diffcult questions, and then you lie and claim you haven't read the post. God must be glowing with pride over you.

Why don't you quote my use of the n word.   So stupid to have to call it that and not give the full word.   Anyway, go ahead and quote it.  I dare you.   Quote it so all can see what a racist I am.  Go ahead.....waiting.

Quantrill

#83 Quantril

Quantril

racist

• Members
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

CyClick ,Atheists can received the sacrament of marriage. This sacrament is completed by intercourse within marriage. It does not matter where the  wedding took place. 

Or the intercourse....I guess.

Quantrill

#84 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yes, the Bible is the cover for the nasty, bigoted feelings many people have. It must seem a Godsend to them to have such a book to give their deviant behavior a bit of palatability.

That is ridiculous. The bible is God's holy word, and doesn't cover for anything. Either you accept God and what He says or you don't---of course you don't, that is plain. so, you have no understanding, and therefore need to stop making silly comments about it.

The Word of God is the truth and what God calls a sin, we who love Him agree with Him. He is God, after all. The Bible is indeed a literal GOD SEND. As for deviant behaviour, it identifies it, and doesn't give it any palatability.

#85 Quantril

Quantril

racist

• Members
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Jesus people always love to compare homosexuality to bestialiy. That's all they do, is yak about bestiality. As there are homosexual Christians, and a great any more than you may think, you are suggesting that animals have souls, or that gay people don't. But it's very sick to compare humans with animals and to obsess about bestiality,  Animals cannot give consent to marriage. Homosexuals can. It's a false and odious comparison and you should be ashamed of yourself for having such contempt for your fellow human beings.

You know nothing of the history of marriage.

Quantril stated he'd have no problem killing homosexuals the minute Jesus gets on that thone. I'll bet you wouldn't either.

When Jesus takes the throne, there won't be any more homosexuals.   He will have seen to that.  But, to delight your thoughts of me, if during that millenial reign some turned to homosexuality and He gave me the authority to execute such ones, make no mistake I would not hesitate. 

So yes, I would have no problem with it.  Just as I would have no problem now with a government that executed homosexuals.    None at all.

Quantrill

#86 mmoghand

mmoghand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

So A&E backs down. There's 14,000,000 fans a week for the duck guys.

Gold rules.

Keep in mind that Phil Robertson says things that match with the KKK of the 1950s and 1960s. Nasty stuff.

#87 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Keep in mind that Phil Robertson says things that match with the KKK of the 1950s and 1960s. Nasty stuff.

That's a lie, of course.  *yawn*

#88 aus

aus

loyal member

• longstanding member
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Marriage is a legal matter.  It requires an application granted by government.  The ceremony is performed by someone granted permission by the government.  The IRS and state tax agencies then get involved.  Insurance companies get involved.  Hospitals and other institutions are involved in the definition and rights granted by marriage.

Are you confusing marriage with "holy matrimony"?  They are not the same thing.

Then there is the matter of the 8 different forms of "marriage" condoned in the Bible.  By the number of mentions, it seems that polygamy was the most common.

Docinbird. The marriage I am referring to is one recognise by the Catholic Church so it is he same as holy matrimony. The church will not allow any person marriage  legally anywhere  to be remarried in a Catholic church. We only recognise one form of marriage between one unmarried man and one unmarried women. We do not recognise any other form of marriage.

#89 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Docinbird. The marriage I am referring to is one recognise by the Catholic Church so it is he same as holy matrimony. The church will not allow any person marriage  legally anywhere  to be remarried in a Catholic church. We only recognise one form of marriage between one unmarried man and one unmarried women. We do not recognise any other form of marriage.

Yeah, but what does God's word say?

#90 Docinbird

Docinbird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

I haven't heard of many homosexuals asking the Catholic Church to marry them.  The term "marriage" has a legal definition and it doesn't matter to the government if the ceremony is officiated by a minister, priest, county clerk, judge, or other.  It has legal implications for rights, taxes, insurance, and other legal issues.  Originally, marriages were contracts between two families, long before religion got involved.

I haven't heard of anyone complaining that religions and churches get to set their own rules for "holy matrimony", but religions and churches do not own the legal term "marriage".

Reply to this topic

Copyright © 2017 Fool Moon LLC