Theme© by Fisana

Fool Moon

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  stone : (26 March 2015 - 10:37 AM) Jeremy Clarkson sacked from Top Gear. That's very disappointing.
@  Helice : (26 March 2015 - 12:15 PM) Not a show I've ever watched. Why was he sacked?
@  stone : (26 March 2015 - 04:35 PM) Top Gear is one of my favorite shows. Apparently he got into a little tussle with one of the producers and bloodied his nose.
@  stone : (26 March 2015 - 04:36 PM) Being that the show brings the BBC nearly 100 million a year, and that the rest of the show's presenters are now hesitant to continue on without him, the shows future with the current cast is in doubt.
@  MamaJean : (09 April 2015 - 10:33 PM) My son is not going to be happy about that, Stone. He loves that show.
@  Aint : (10 May 2015 - 09:40 PM) I've been watching episodes on FireTV. Hilarious!
@  Blizzard : (04 June 2015 - 09:36 PM) Meow!
@  Helice : (05 June 2015 - 10:17 AM) Hiya, Blizz!  Nice to see you drop by. :)
@  aus : (13 June 2015 - 08:50 PM) A minister parked his car in a no parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. So he put a not under the windshield wiper that read Ï have circled the block 100 times. If I don't park  here ,I'll miss my appointment. FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES>
When he returned, he found a citation from the police officer along with this note. I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION>
@  aus : (21 June 2015 - 08:18 PM) A married cuple both 60 years old, were celebrating their 35th anniversary. During their party  a fairy appeared to congratulate them and grant them each one wish.
@  aus : (21 June 2015 - 08:20 PM) The wife wanted to travel around the world. The fairy waved her wand and poof- the wife had tickets in her hand for a world cruise.
@  aus : (21 June 2015 - 08:21 PM) Next, the fairy asked the husband what he wanted, He said Ï wish I had a wife 30 years younger than me".
@  aus : (21 June 2015 - 08:23 PM) So the fairy picked up her wand and poof-the husband was 90.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

'Duck Dynasty' Attracts Christian Conservatives

732 replies to this topic

#111 Dax

Dax

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20,351 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

If the article were written in proper English it might be readable. But "behind many sexual related struggles and failures lies unclean spirits" is a grammatical disaster. It should read  "...behind many SEXUALLY related struggles and failures LIE unclean spirits.  And "...everything that needed to come FOURTH..." is just ridiculous. When ignorance of the English language peppers a post of any kind, you can bet the poster has a third or fourth grade mentality, and nothing they say should be considered as anything approaching intelligence.

Aside from that, Mines is absolutely correct that this is creepy. On the other hand, fundamentalist clergymen have never been known for their sexual discretion.

#112 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Here: -->  http://foolmoon.com/...e-2#entry278357

I lifted a finger to help! 

We have an efficient and easy-to-use search form here at Fool Moon.  It's in the upper right corner of every page on the site.  There... I "kow-towed to your demands" .  :)  You're welcome.

Speaking of "vile judgements"... pot, meet kettle.

Speaking of "revealing hatred", pot, meet... oh wait.  I already said that.

Where have I been vile? All I see is admins and others abusing strong Christians, and making every thread in this section into a personal matter, attacking them at every turn.

As for the quote here:

Helice

So homosexuals and blacks are the majority of  viewers of 'Duck Dynasty'.   Sure.   Thats why they still are running the show with Phil in it.  Because their viewers are so upset. 

No, they bowed low to the homo and black pressure.   And it backfired.   And we will see if they got the guts to stand by their guns.  Something you don't think they will do becasue of money.  Which you are probably right.  But they didn't do it in the first place because of  money.  They did it to get some Southern cracker to apologize like poor Paula Adams did.

I know.  They should ask Phil if he ever used the word 'nigger'.   Surely he has and then they could really get on the hate band wagon.

Quantrill

What on earth are you so rattled about? Certainly you have heard these words before. They are used in perspective. I would choose not to use a couple of them that you seem to find distasteful, but then again I find being called a bigot and a schizophrenic and worthless even worse, because it is pointed directly at me by members of this very forum.

#113 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

A secular marriage is a civil union, for heterosexuals and homosexuals as well.

So, is it only the word "marriage" that you object to?

I believe that if homosexuals have a lifelong relationship and one dies, the other deserves to be able to receive benefits as a surviving "spouse". A civil arrangement can do that for them. As for a true marriage---it isn't, and neither should it be paraded out as one. It is a civil partnership.

#114 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I'm puzzled as to what a True Christian™ considers "perverted" in the realm of sexual relations.

Is it only the missionary position between married men and women in a dark room strictly for the purpose of making a baby?

If not, then what else is acceptable to the True Christian™?  Oral sex - is that OK? (I don't think it's prohibited in the Bible)

Curious? Read the Bible and you will discover what a perversion is. It is something that is normal--twisted.

#115 minesadorada

minesadorada

veteran member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Curious? Read the Bible and you will discover what a perversion is. It is something that is normal--twisted.

I am an atheist, so I am no expert on holy books, but I gather that you are.  So I was asking you as a self-professed Bible Expert to comment.

Was that too much trouble for you?

Your opinion about normal/twisted is not informative, since I think oral sex is normal human behaviour; but I still don't know what your holy book says about it.

#116 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

I am an atheist, so I am no expert on holy books, but I gather that you are.  So I was asking you as a self-professed Bible Expert to comment.

Was that too much trouble for you?

Your opinion about normal/twisted is not informative, since I think oral sex is normal human behaviour; but I still don't know what your holy book says about it.

God says that the marriage bed is undefiled, which means whatever Christians husbands and wives do in the sanctity of their own bedroom, is OK with God---however we must not be abusive to one another. He revels in our lovemaking. He is the creator of it!

#117 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

POPULAR

Where I get confused is that the only thing spoken out against homosexuality in the bible is found in the old testament... But then you get the conservatives saying the old testament is not to be followed anymore. But if the old testament is not to be followed anymore, then why are they still stating homosexuality is a sin? If the old testament IS to be somewhat followed, is it not hypocritical to state homosexuality is a sin but then not to quarantine women while they menstruate or ban them from talking in church? 

I'm confused. 

#118 Quantril

Quantril

racist

• Members
  • 4,280 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Where I get confused is that the only thing spoken out against homosexuality in the bible is found in the old testament... But then you get the conservatives saying the old testament is not to be followed anymore. But if the old testament is not to be followed anymore, then why are they still stating homosexuality is a sin? If the old testament IS to be somewhat followed, is it not hypocritical to state homosexuality is a sin but then not to quarantine women while they menstruate or ban them from talking in church? 

I'm confused. 

Yes I know.

Quantrill

#119 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm confused. 

Much is said in the New Testament, too.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:25-27

They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

1 Timothy 1:8-10 We know that the law is good when used correctly. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. 10 The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders,liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching

#120 Helice

Helice

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,897 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

I believe that if homosexuals have a lifelong relationship and one dies, the other deserves to be able to receive benefits as a surviving "spouse". A civil arrangement can do that for them. As for a true marriage---it isn't, and neither should it be paraded out as one. It is a civil partnership.

Well!  That seems reasonable enough!  :)

You have no problem with a secular civil union, you only object to describing such as "marriage" because you feel that this is a term reserved for a religious event which has special qualities that aren't applicable to same-sex couples.

I think most of us can live with that.  High-fives!

B)

#121 Helice

Helice

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,897 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

What on earth are you so rattled about? Certainly you have heard these words before. They are used in perspective.

You got very upset and hostile at someone for using the word "bullshit".  You made quite a fuss about it at the time. We were trying to discover if you only get upset when people you dislike use unpleasant language, so we asked how you felt about Quantril's unnecessary introduction of a racial epithet into a discussion.  We wanted to compare your reaction to that with your reaction to "bullshit".

It appears, from what you've said, that you still are all upset about "bullshit", but you don't mind the use of "the 'N' word" even a little bit.

"Bullshit", used in perspective, is bad because you don't like who said it.  The 'N' word, when used in perspective, is nothing to "get rattled about", because you like the person who said it.

All explained now. :)

#122 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

You got very upset and hostile at someone for using the word "bullshit".  You made quite a fuss about it at the time. We were trying to discover if you only get upset when people you dislike use unpleasant language, so we asked how you felt about Quantril's unnecessary introduction of a racial epithet into a discussion.  We wanted to compare your reaction to that with your reaction to "bullshit".

It appears, from what you've said, that you still are all upset about "bullshit", but you don't mind the use of "the 'N' word" even a little bit.

"Bullshit", used in perspective, is bad because you don't like who said it.  The 'N' word, when used in perspective, is nothing to "get rattled about", because you like the person who said it.

All explained now. :)

Of course! That BS word is coarse and vulgar to most everyone. That is why people who are coarse use it---for shock value. I never use the "N" word, because it is coarse and vulgar. However, in the case cited, it was used in perspective. No one was using it in an accusatory way.

#123 Cy_Click

Cy_Click

Honored Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • LocationSouthern Minnesota

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

POPULAR

Sometimes "bullshit" is used because it describes the situation perfectly. Like, "I'm not too amused by your constant bullshit." would fit this situation perfectly.

#124 aus

aus

loyal member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Well!  That seems reasonable enough!  :)

You have no problem with a secular civil union, you only object to describing such as "marriage" because you feel that this is a term reserved for a religious event which has special qualities that aren't applicable to same-sex couples.

I think most of us can live with that.  High-fives!

B)

I think this has always been my position. The Catholic Church at least under Pope Francis support gay rights. So why are not satisfied with  this but want to use the name 'marriage"?

#125 Docinbird

Docinbird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think this has always been my position. The Catholic Church at least under Pope Francis support gay rights. So why are not satisfied with  this but want to use the name 'marriage"?

So, you are asking that the government, insurance companies, hospitals, etc. come up with a new word to describe a secular "marriage" so the church will not have to?  Even though secular "marriage" has existed longer than the church?

#126 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Sometimes "bullshit" is used because it describes the situation perfectly. Like, "I'm not too amused by your constant bullshit." would fit this situation perfectly.

For coarse people, yes, but not for people who know how to use the English language with a little class. Coarse words are a sing of poverty in that area.

#127 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Seeing as I now have no edit feature, let me say it again, correctly:

Coarse words are a sign of poverty in the area of language skills, and civility.

#128 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Homosexual rights is another matter, and the pope who is supposed to be a leader in your religion should be ashamed of himself. But then, of course, deceived people just have no shame.

#129 Helice

Helice

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,897 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Wait -- you are saying that homosexuals do not deserve equal civil rights that other Americans enjoy?

#130 Helice

Helice

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,897 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

"Marriage" simply means blending together. 

We use it for union between people, but haven't you heard it used to reference other things, such as "Our sauce is the perfect marriage of tomato and garlic", or "the marriage of light and texture in this painting make it a great work of art"?  "The marriage of sleek styling and fuel efficiency truly make this a 21st century sedan"?

It doesn't mean that a tomato married a head of garlic in a wedding ceremony, it means the two are blended together in a complementary way.

If it annoys you beyond belief to call a sex-sex couple "married", then... just don't.  And do others the courtesy of allowing them to use the descriptive words that seem applicable to them

Problem solved!  Happy New Year!  B)

#131 Desperaux

Desperaux

enthusiastic member

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

Wait -- you are saying that homosexuals do not deserve equal civil rights that other Americans enjoy?

They already have all the human rights everyone else has.

#132 Helice

Helice

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,897 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

Except the right to marry the person they choose...?  Now corrected in several states, but more lag behind.

Reply to this topic

Copyright © 2015 Fool Moon LLC