65 replies to this topic

#1 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

POPULAR

A one kiloton bomb was detonated on the sea bed at about the half way point between South Carolina and Bermuda. The resulting explosion was equivalent to a 3.5 magnitude earthquake. It is being reported that two high level generals in charge of the United States nuclear arsenal have been quietly removed from power for reasons unknown. 

OK, maybe not. On October 8th, there was a 3.5 magnitude quake off the east coast and two high level Generals who controlled the US's nuclear arsenal, one in the Navy and one in the Air Force, have been removed for supposed personal misconduct (of which was not revealed). Ever since September, Alex Jones has been yammering on about an impending nuclear attack after supposed "warheads" were secretly moved by truck from Texas to South Carolina. It was around this same time Lindsey Graham started yapping his gums about the threat of a terrorist nuclear attack. 

Also around the same time, FEMA started moving stockpiles of medication, food, and equipment to "Region 3", which consists of multiple mid Atlantic states. 

Also around this time, my girlfriends mom starting getting notifications from FEMA telling her to make sure her medication is up to date and not expired.

Coincidence? 

#2 Docinbird

Docinbird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

?????????????????

#3 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Gotta keep up on the conspiracies. 

Back in August there were rumblings about FEMA moving a bunch of supplies to Region 3 (mid Atlantic area). At this same time, there was also rumblings about nukes going missing after being moved to South Carolina.

http://www.citywatch...s-folks-on-edge

http://www.globalres...-report/5354182

Then of course you had the earth quake off the coast last week and now the conspiracy theorists are going nuts stating that a nuke was detonated on the sea floor. It was either:

1. An attack on the underground tunnels built by the US government (300 miles off the coast)

2. An intentional detonation at the behest of a pissed off Obama

And my girlfriends mom receives the CDC newsletter, not FEMA, and it was a notice stating to make sure your drugs are up to date or something. There was also a section stating, in the case of an emergency, enough bottled water and food to last like two weeks or something. 

#4 Docinbird

Docinbird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

And then there was Lindsey Graham warning that if the US did not send the military to Syria Iran might drop a nuclear bomb in Charleston Harbor.

http://charlotte.cbs...rleston-harbor/

And then there has been more talk about the time the US actually did have nukes fall (but not detonate) in Goldsboro, NC.

http://www.npr.org/b...st-nuked-itself

#5 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

See?! I told ya. Be careful as once you step into that rabbit whole, there's no telling where it might end. 

#6 Docinbird

Docinbird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I enjoy conspiracy theories as entertainment.  It amazes me how every event seems to almost immediately have some wild theory or conspiracy that follows it almost immediately.  Did you know that the Chinese were responsible for the government shutdown?   :D

#7 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

I'm going to have to research that one a bit further and get back to you. 

#8 Dax

Dax

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,822 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

If I were organized enough, I'd go back to Alex Jones / Glenn Beck etc. conspiracy theories, start looking at any random time in the past, say five years. Take the first fifty predictions based on paranoia, and see how many of them have proved to be true. Answer: none, or you'd be hearing about it for the rest of your life. "Alex Jones, the man who predicted North Korea would invade Australia!" etc.

No, none of them will be true, but the idiot wing of America, the ignorant Republican lummoxes who would believe anything that casts a racist or conspiratorial shadow on any event they dislike, or on anything they feel will frighten people. For surely these warnings don't come with any helpful suggestions. They are just vomited out of the mouths of paranoid assholes like Alex Jones, who may or may not believe his own theories but pushes them for his own proft.

If I were a less honest person, and more sociopathic than I am now, I could make a very nice living warning you about the nuclear weapons secretly being developed by some Indian tribes on reservations where they are immune from investigation, and about the super-secret area within Area 54 that even the President doesn't know about.

#9 Guest__Just saying..._(unregistered)*

Guest__Just saying..._(unregistered)*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

The prophecies that are actually heeded are the ones that don't come to fruition.  Doesn't it mean they weren't planned for initially, just means that someone heeded the warning... or someone decided to not follow through because the word was out... I'd rather they predict them and have them not happen than keep their mouth shut and millions die.  Get a clue. 

#10 Docinbird

Docinbird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

How do you tell whether it is a prophecy or just another conspiracy theory?

#11 aus

aus

loyal member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

some conspiracies come true.  A new book has just come out saying there were definitely two guns used in the killing of John Kennedy. It is suggested that one came from the CIA,. See my blog on the Bay  of Pigs to show how heavily the CIA was involved in American foreign policy.

#12 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Aus, it's common knowledge the CIA is heavily involved in American foreign policy. It's common knowledge and you really don't need to use the Bay of Pigs disaster as an example. 

#13 aus

aus

loyal member

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Stone Is it common Knowledge the CIA has been accused of Killing many world leaders including now Kennedy. I  research the Bay of Pigs for mu military history class. I concluded by pointing out while 6 attempts to kill Castro fail , the attempt to kill Kennedy succeeded. Stone hated him because he stop the CIA killing Castro . Perhaps the CIA had another shooter to back him up if he fail.

#14 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Aus, the CIA has been accused of killing Kennedy going back to pretty much his assassination. That's not surprising. 

You honestly believe, though, that the CIA murdered a sitting US president? And you taught that to a class? Seriously? 

#15 minesadorada

minesadorada

veteran member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

The thing about most conspiracy theories is that as soon as you point out how obviously implausible they are, the reply is 'Oh, that's what THEY want you to think'

Meanwhile while folks are twaddling on about Kennedy, the Moon landings and 911 - the real bad stuff (recent NSA spying revelations, bogus reasons for recent US foreign wars etc) are all nicely eclipsed in the public mind.

The enemy of conspiracy theorizing is a working knowledge of statistical likelihood and a basic education.

#16 aus

aus

loyal member

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

This topic is about conspiracies. The only way to  look at these is to read a variety of books and examine the evidence. In Modern history rarely do we accept that we have a factual answer  to many conspiracies. History is not about  proven facts but examining the various versions on what happen. At least if it happen in the past  some of the facts are known.  This is impossible for many modern political events.  Of course not all versions are equal in value. It is better to reply on reputable historians and sources.

In my study of the Bay of Pigs, I used sources from pro Castro historians, to anti Castro fighters,  and  American historians of the Left and right. . They establish the fact that the CIA was working independent of the President to get rid of Castro.  Many both of the right and left blamed Kennedy for the failures in Cuba.  Lee Harvey Oswald had Curban connections whether pro Castro or Ant Castro.  This is all I said that  the Cuban campaign was a motive for killing Kennedy. I did not say the CIA was responsible. It is only recently that it has been proved that two bullets from two different guns hit Kennedy. This reveals we do not have all the facts about the second gunman.  If this leads to a solution to the conspiracy theories and what happen, it is up to future historians.

By the way I should correct my earlier typo. I meant to say Oswald  hated him not Stone.

#17 Helice

Helice

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,622 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

The CIA certainly is an attractive target for conspiracy theorists, and perhaps they do deserve some of that attention.  However, it will probably never be conclusively shown that the CIA was involved in the Kennedy assassination in any way.  Too many years have passed now, and all potential witnesses are likely either passed away or "taken care of" in some fashion. ;)  Teaching students that the CIA was in some way responsible for one of history's most famous and hotly debated assassinations is, I think, stepping too far, and does not serve the students well.

It does take some deep concentration and brow-furrowing to try to accept the "Lone Gunman" theory of the assassination.  I don't spend many hours in deep thought about it, but it seems almost certain that the Warren Commission was incorrect in their assessment, and that there were at least two shooters. But it's not possible to nail the CIA for this.

Why do people obsess so much on conspiracy theories...?  Perhaps just because they're fun?  The full-blown Alex Jones fans are a little scary, though, with their incessant musings on reptile-people and false moon landings and FEMA internment camps.

Usually, when someone raises one eyebrow and asks in a very significant tone, ...."Co-incidence?" the correct reply is "Yes."  :D

#18 stone

stone

Computer Tips Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

The thing about most conspiracy theories is that as soon as you point out how obviously implausible they are, the reply is 'Oh, that's what THEY want you to think'

Meanwhile while folks are twaddling on about Kennedy, the Moon landings and 911 - the real bad stuff (recent NSA spying revelations, bogus reasons for recent US foreign wars etc) are all nicely eclipsed in the public mind.

The enemy of conspiracy theorizing is a working knowledge of statistical likelihood and a basic education.

True. But ten or fifteen years ago, had you told someone that the NSA would be spying on pretty much every single American in the US, the response would have been, "conspiracy theory". Or in the sixties had you been told the government had been testing syphilis on black men and withholding treatment, often resulting in death, the response would have been, "conspiracy theory". Or that the CIA was involved in allowing their planes to be used to deliver drugs into this country by men affiliated with the Nicaraguan Contras. That response would have been, "conspiracy theory". 

Our government does A LOT of shady shit, there's no denying that and much of what they've done in the past, had you spoken to anyone about it before it came to light, would have been laughed off as just another conspiracy theory. 

Anymore, I'm really not surprised by anything. 

#19 aus

aus

loyal member

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Conspiracy theories are what makes History courses popular . They also sell books although in my cases I do it for free. In Reality some of these theories do lead to  later discoveries and greater understanding of events. I teach mainly Australian History to a U3A class. As most Australians of that age are familiar with the basic facts I find that they are interested in new interpretations. I have found new facts about our major battles  in Anzac Cove and Kokoda. I am at present working on a dispute between the Australian Prime Minister Menzies and Churchill. Few people realise that Menzies work to replace Churchill  as Prime Minister of England. Had he succeeded there would be a negotiated peace long before the USA enter the war and it would have been a very different world with Germany and Japan occupying many countries.

My interest in Kennedy was caused by the finding the Bullet that blew Kennedy brain away was fired was a hollow- point bullet not the one from  Lee Harvey Oswald gun. . These were the bullets in the Secret Service guns according to ballistics expert Howard Donahue. In a report in an Australian newspaper Herald sun it was fired  by Secret Service agent George Hickey. He is said to have fire it by accident in trying to defend Kennedy after Oswald shot. Of course this was cover up at the time to protect the Secret Service agent, but most of 22 witnesses saw a gun at ground level near the Secret Service car.  It may not be good news for those who regard Kennedy assassination in the Good v bad tradition. But in fact many leaders have been kill by friendly fire.. This story is in  JFK THE SMOKING GUN  by Colin Mclaren

#20 wax

wax

Master Debater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Conspiracy... what about the Chinese! I have missed you guys!

#21 aus

aus

loyal member

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Glad you back wax, You ask what about the Chinese. Well one conspiracy there here is that when our Prime minister Harold Holt disappear t sea he was taken away by a Chinese submarine.

#22 wax

wax

Master Debater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Just as I suspected!

#23 Guest__Tony_(unregistered)*

Guest__Tony_(unregistered)*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

Reading this thread makes me sad. Including the admins, I think you are all living in a bubble. Some of you have written some things that remind me of a passage from the good book!

"Through their own wisdom, they make themselves fools!"

You could call me a conspiracy theorist, as I have asked myself a question, then sought out an answer. I dont think that anyone but Aus has done that. And even when presented with what is now historical fact, I am amazed at how you are all so confident that your own assumtions actually create your own realities.. And I am sure some of you are just content to live with others show you.

You could end up dead like that!

For me it started with 911. I doubt any of you even know about

Building 7

Architects & Engineers for 911 truth.

The peer reviewed paper that proves a controlled demolition... And there is more.

I expect some reading this may look these things up, but sadly I expect most of you will laugh, then crawl back into your holes.

#24 aus

aus

loyal member

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Tony, there are mysteries like Building 7 but that does not make all conspiracies true. Governments rarely tell you all the truth about events and it may take many years for historians to get the truth.

Reply to this topic

FM
Copyright © 2014 Fool Moon LLC